Why do you want to transfer my money ? PayPal debited $28,430.79 USD from your Account

lei2022
New Community Member

PayPal debited $28,430.79 USD from your Account balance as recovery for its liquidated damages caused by the aforementioned AUP violations.

Why do you want to transfer my money? We are all in normal and compliant operation.

We conducted an investigation of your Account andtrade practices(including any buyer complaints received
by PayPal). After a careful consideration of a number of factors, we determined that at least 304 transactions
were conducted in violation of the UA. In particular, we have identified multiple instances of this Account
engaging in conduct in violation of the following provisions in the UA:
 AUP 1
 AUP 2(d)
 UA Restricted Activities –Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation
 UA Restricted Activities –Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information
 UA Restricted Activities –Engage in potentially fraudulent or suspicious activity and/or transactions
 UA Restricted Activities –Conduct your business or use the PayPal services in a manner that results
in or may result in complaints; requests by buyers…to invalidate payments made to you; fees, fines,
penalties or other liability or losses to PayPal, other PayPal customers, third parties, or you

PayPal also reviewed the documents you provided in your appeal. These documents do not provide any proof
that would refute the conclusion of our prior investigation and in fact, provide additional support for the
account’s violative conducts.
As a result, we permanently limited your Account, as well as any applicable linked accounts,pursuant to the
Restricted Activities, Holds, and Liquidated Damages section of the UA. We notified you of this action through
email.
In addition, because you accepted payments into your Account in violation of the AUP, on September 8, 2022,
PayPal debited $28,430.79 USD from your Account balance as recovery for its liquidated damages caused by
the aforementioned AUP violations. This amount was determined based on the number of transactions we
determined to be in violation of the AUP, described above. You were notified of this via email and a note in
your PayPal transaction detail

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lei2022
New Community Member

The account was permanently restricted in May. Why did you say on September 8 that you violated the rules and transferred my money

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lei2022 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy. They won't take it until 180 days to allow buyers to get refunds if they win disputes. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.