What personal info would PayPal give eBay seller?

personaluna
New Community Member
Long story short, I returned an item to a very unpleasant eBay seller because it was damaged. Already had threats of police and they removed my negative feedback. Not long after negative feedback was left (and removed), I got a call from a Thailand number, and texts calling me a **bleep**, and saying they’ll “make appointment come see you soon”. I’m in the UK and so was the seller so the number is odd, but with how aggressive the seller was, I’m admittedly really afraid they’re somehow using a fake number to threaten me. I stated they had a wrong number and they said they did not. I paid with PayPal Pay in 3, shipped the item to a local store (not too local), sent the item back at a post office not close to my house, and never direcrly gave my info to the seller. Is there anyway the seller got my address and phone number from PayPal anyway?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dflorian
New Community Member

Wish I had an answer for you.  I stopped using eBay 15 years ago because I sold a guy an item, received a signed delivery receipt, and he said he never got it so eBay sent me hate mail and charged me the $200 for it.  Not sure what good it does to have a signed delivery receipt.  In my case it was worth nothing.  Again, all of this was verified on their screens, in their system, and I still got stuck for it.  Haven't used them since.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.