Unknown transaction "PAYPAL ITUNES APPS AP 35314369001 IRL"

decatf
Contributor
Contributor

In june there is an unknown charge on my paypal account, which i had linked to my Mastercard.

My bank, "Deutsche Bank", charged 7.99 eur through my paypal account with description:"PAYPAL ITUNES APPS AP 35314369001 IRL", for something i did never buy, browsed or used.

How do i demand a refund?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @decatf,

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be concerning. Firstly, if you have not already done so, please make sure to change your PayPal password and secuirty questions. This can be done by following the steps here

Once you have done this, you can report the transaction as unauthorized here. The transaction would then be sent for review. Any updates would be sent via email.

Typically Apple transactions are linked to a pre-approved payment you may have set up. I would suggest you follow the steps here to cancel any pre-approved payments you don't regularly use. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

mikerawsonnz
Contributor
Contributor

hi there i also have this charge on my credit card but it does not appear in paypal or apple - how to raise a refund request as i cannot select the transaction in paypal it only shows on my cc statement - thx

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @mikerawsonnz

Thanks for visiting the Community, and congratulations on your first post! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized transaction that appears on your credit card statement. To report a transaction that doesn't appear on your PayPal account, you'll want to reach out to our Customer Support right away. You can contact Customer Support by going to our website and selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any page. I also recommend reaching out to family members or friends to see if they may have used your card for a purchase. If not, you'll want to request that your credit card company issues you a new card. 

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.