Unauthorised payments to Apple over several years

RM80
Contributor
Contributor
I've notice with horror today that over several years lots of very small payments of amounts from 99p to £5 have been taken from my PayPal linked bank accounts, marked as Apple Services. Sometimes one a month. Sometimes lots in one day. As they are such small.amounts I never noticed them.go out and reveiced no notifications. I hardly ever use PayPal so I don't check. It adds up to over £750! It says they were pre authorised. Apple checked all my apple ids and didn't find any of the payments. PayPal are saying they are authorised so I'm not protected and can't get the money back. I don't use I tunes or buy any apple services. My kids have I pads but have to ask for my password if rhet wsnt to buy an app and do this only very occasionally. How can I find out what these transactions were for and prove that I didn't make them or receive anything for them? Neither PayPal nor apple.cares in the least but I've been stolen from over several years and it's added up to so much money. I feel so helpless.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @RM80

Welcome! Thank you for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you have some unrecognized activity on your PayPal account. What you've described does sound like they may have been transactions billed through a billing agreement setup on one of your Apple devices. I would recommend looking through your Apple ID's transaction history, and you should be able to find what device purchased what and when it occurred. You can normally find your transaction history with Apple by clicking on Settings on your Apple device, selecting the Apple ID and then Media & Purchases. This may change depending on the software or device you have, so your best bet is to work with Apple to get your transaction history for these purchases.

To stop this from happening in the future, you may want to cancel any Billing Agreements you have setup with PayPal and change your PayPal password.

Best wishes on this and future transactions with PayPal, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

nustarmgmt
Contributor
Contributor
I had over 400 transactions totaling $12k. While the matter was pending another $2400 was allowed until my bank account was empty. Because the bank couldn't stop them they closed my account. Then because PayPal paid the fraudulent merchants and couldn’t recover from my bank account they sent me to collections. They then tried to send half of the money back but my bank account was closed and my paypal account was limited so the money disappeared.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @nustarmgmt 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community page!

I completely understand your concern about your funds. When the refunds are processed, the money will go back to original payment method. Since the bank account is closed, the money will be added to your PayPal balance. As your account is limited, you won't be able to access these funds. I would suggest you to reach out to PayPal Support team to help you with resolving the limitations placed in your account. You can find the available contact options to reach the PayPal team here

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.