Tje Appeal button is missing for the dispute decision

albiekOH330
Contributor
Contributor

I gave all tracking details in the dispute and I do not have an appeal button. The item is defective, and incorrect item and the address given by E-Bay is a vacant house I supplied the information. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@albiekOH330 

Did you open an Ebay dispute or a Paypal dispute?

If you opened a paypal dispute did you escalate to a claim?

Did paypal find in your favour?

Did paypal give you a return address?

Did you return it trackable?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

albiekOH330
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the item using Paypal protection went through the dispute process. It was in favor of the seller. 

There isn't an appeal button. I tried returning the item but the address given by Palpal came back as the address given was vacant. The item was trackable and went through USPS. The letter sent with the address says to return it to the seller to receive the refund which could not be done with the seller's address supplied. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @albiekOH330 and @kernowlass

Welcome to the Community @albiekOH330, and thanks for getting this one started, @kernowlass!

I understand the option to appeal your case is not showing, @albiekOH330. I'm sorry to hear that. Since you attempted to return the item but were notified it was unsuccessful because of a vacancy, please reach out to Customer Support for appeal options. When you reach out, make sure you have a copy of your shipping label. That will help show that you returned the item to the correct address. 

You can contact PayPal Customer Support by sending a DM on Twitter or Instagram or a PM on Facebook. Support may also be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope you can appeal soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

albiekOH330
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I tried on the Paypal page yesterday and all Customer Service did was pull up Paypal Purchase Protection Agreement with all the terms and would not answer back. It's a losing situation. 

You've been really helpful though

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.