Stop unauthorized pending transaction

becboyd76
Contributor
Contributor

I have found an unauthorized transaction on my account this morning that is still pending. I have tried to report through the resolution centre and get a message saying We're sorry, you can't file a case on this type of transaction. How can I get this stopped?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @becboyd76

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized transaction on your PayPal account. Regrettably, we are unable to file a dispute on a pending transaction. If the transaction completes, you'll be able to file a dispute at that time. Prior to that, I recommend reaching out to the merchant to see if they can cancel the transaction from their side. In the meantime, I'd also check with your family and friends to see if any of them may have made the purchase. If you haven't already, please reset your password and security questions. You can also add 2-Step verification for an extra layer of security. 

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

BDeildok
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same. Could not be stopped. Transactions went through. I notify PayPal that 12 almost identical transactions was done within a minute from my account, as verified by the vendor they were sent to. PayPal then just says "all these where authorized, case closed".. How can they be authorized when I am the only one with legal access and I specify that I never did these? The IP address used to approve those aren't even from Norway, I am sure, as the gaming gift cards bought was only redeemable in the UK?!!!
Login to Me Too

becboyd76
Contributor
Contributor

oh that sounds crazy! Yes, my transaction is still pending, and has a delivery address to canada - I'm in Aus and have no idea who this person is. Hopefully it gets stopped, seems ridiculous it can go through when you have notified that it is fraud.

Login to Me Too

BDeildok
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, if it is obvious fraud like here, with 12 withdrawals within 1 minute done by somebody getting unlawful access to PayPal and acting like me... it should atleast be so that you automatically get the sum returned if you declare it as fraud within a couple hours, long before anyone can ship an object.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @BDeildok,

Welcome to our community forum and thanks for posting!

I do understand your concern about the outcome of the unauthorized claim in your PayPal account. In this situation, your best option would be reaching out to our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or message us through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page to request a second look on the outcome of your claims.

Best wishes!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

becboyd76
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Megan. I have emailed the merchant through the link in paypal, it is still pending currently. I have also updated all my security info. It is definitely no one I know (no one has access to my paypal firstly), and the delivery address / name is to a person in Canada. I'm in Australia and don't know any one in canada. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.