Should the seller send bitcoin for delivery fee to PayPal?

Temp20220711A
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was under a second-hand trade, and I received the mail that the sender added delivery fee to transaction, and I have to pay it through bitcoin. 

(I know, it is my fault and I sent small amount of money. I was too naive. so please don't blame me too much.)

It is quite suspicious since the account of PayPal was gmail, and they asked me to transfer the money again that there is an insurance fee from delivery agent. I felt quite anxious, and asked them to send information about the delivery agent and insurance. But they just sent me an address of bitcoin wallet. Also, the buyer also said same thing to me, and I am really confused. So I answered that I will call Customer center of PayPal, and the buyer showed bit disappointment of it.

I forwarded those mails to Spoof and Phishing, but I want to make sure about it. Is it a SCAM?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220711A 

Total scam. PayPal doesn’t ask you to pay delivery fees, transaction fees up front before you see money in your account. When a payment arrives, PayPal automatically deducts their fee and give you the rest of the money. They do not ask.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.