Scammed by a seller
Fraud & Phishing
Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction hasn't gone quite as you've expected. As payments via Friends and Family do not have Purchase Protection, we never recommend sending them for a goods or service you've purchased. If you funded the payment via a debit / credit card or bank, I would recommend reaching out to them to see what kind of dispute options may be available. I would also recommend reaching out to eBay to see what kind of dispute or reporting options are available there.
Best wishes on this and future transactions,
- Jon K
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- SCAM FRAUD in Security and Fraud Archives
- Scam!!! in Security and Fraud Archives
- Fraudulent in Security and Fraud Archives
- Options as a buyer to protect against eBay preorder scams in Security and Fraud Archives
- Do I need to escalate a pending case in the resolution center awaiting seller's second response? in Security and Fraud Archives