SCAM User - Be aware of phishing attacks

seb350
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The PayPal user with email: [removed] at gmail dot com is a scammer, be aware of phishing attacks from this person.

On May 15, 2023 I tried to buy a DJI Drone through https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/, after I have sent the money to that email address through PayPal as goods and services the seller didn't respond anymore for about 1 hour. After 1 hour or so the real owner of the account got back to me saying that his account was hacked and he wasn't the one speaking with me.

This user goes by the name of Rebecca [removed] in his/her paypal account and after sending him a direct email through gmail he/she insulted me and the name the he/she goes by in his/her gmail account is Scarlett [removed].

I have screenshots and written history of everything I described above.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi @seb350 and welcome, 

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Have you tried opening a dispute for the funds you sent? As it was sent to someone's account without their knowledge you will most likely not receive the item you purchased. You can open a dispute for an item not received. Once reviewed you should get a full refund. You could also ask the person that owns the account to refund you the payment. Here is some more information on opening a dispute

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

tglavasic
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal community. Is there any way to report user that I send money to but he is not answering or sending the goods?

I really think it is all my fault just cannot belive that Paypal does not have a place where I can write that account so he can be blocked.

400 euros went away but i really dont want anyone to do the same mistake.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.