Resolution Centre - To provide miss information

Rozie5066
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal emailed me requesting me to provide missing information at the Resolution Centre link as below:

"Before we can deposit the money into your account, we need a bit more information about your account or recent transactions. To provide that, just log in to your account, and go to your account overview. Select the More menu, then choose the link that takes you to our Resolution Center. Please provide the missing information by 4 May 2023, or the money will be returned to the sender."

The problem is there's nothing missing information that I need to provide when I go to Resolution Centre. I do not know what missing info PayPal requires. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rozie5066 

Best reach out to customer services and ask?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jusitn
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a PS5 and I had to pay business fee for $500 and another fee for whatever fee it was for another $500 and no I have to pay $300 for a Vat fee and I'll get around $2,350 back. So I am being scammed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jusitn 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jusitn
Contributor
Contributor
Can I sue? I have all the evidence
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jusitn 

I expect the scammer is in another country and probably does not even have a paypal account, they would have relied on fake paypal emails.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jusitn
Contributor
Contributor
He lives in NY and I got his personal information and I got uphold of his real email and other things I rather not say. He paid a certificate for business so I would be granted security. It's seems believable since the emails does come by PayPal since I have use PayPal for a while. But the more I pay the fees the more it questions me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jusitn 

Scammers use fake i.d's / fake paypal emails / and hijacked email accounts. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230614B
New Community Member

I got exact same email about receiving money settlement of $61.08 in Yahoo Breach Case.  The thing is my email connected to my Paypal 

is not thru my yahoo email it is through my work email (gmail).  Don't know who to trust or what info needs to be corrected?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Temp20230614B 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forum and thanks for posting!

I understand how concerning to receive such emails. If you receive any email about activity on a PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the email’s validity is to log in to a PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the email received). Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. You can forward any suspicious emails to phishing@paypal.com and PayPal will investigate it for you. You can learn more about spotting a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website here

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.