Reporting Unauthorized Charges for Meta Quest Game purchases

Herbiebess
Contributor
Contributor

My grandson made unauthorized purchases for Meta Quest games. I want to talk with the seller about how to prevent future transactions. Or if I can't talk with then seller, then I will dispute the charges. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Herbiebess 

By all means contact the merchant and request a refund but if they do not respond OR refund then its unlikely you will win an unauthorised claim.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you (or a family member) that made the transaction.
You are responsible for the security of your paypal account and should have it password protected so your grandson could not access it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Herbiebess 

By all means contact the merchant and request a refund but if they do not respond OR refund then its unlikely you will win an unauthorised claim.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you (or a family member) that made the transaction.
You are responsible for the security of your paypal account and should have it password protected so your grandson could not access it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.