Refund request

Kazrah
New Community Member

This is in regards to my Refund request for my damaged delivery from AliExpress. Paypal is suggesting me to send back the items from Australia to Germany on my own cost. The cost of me sending the box will be almost the money they have to refund me! Why should I pay out of my pocket for a damaged delivery?! I am very disappointed by the service of both Aliexpress and Paypal. I am a regular customer of both companies and I feel like the customer service is not good enough. This suggestion of posting with my own cost means that I have to accept the damaged items and lose my money over a terrible customer service. Very disappointing.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kazrah 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this in their buyer protection policy >>

IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-to-return-a-paypal-purchase-faq3...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.