Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-
1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not being in the country where you have opened a Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Violating their acceptable use policy as per link.
If none of those then...
You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Online outlet not responding to my request to return. Do I have any grounds to open a dispute? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Unfortunate Outcome: Case Settled in Favor of Scammer/Buyer - Seeking Support and Advice in Security and Fraud Archives
- Cancel pending payment in Security and Fraud Archives
- My digital products business received an email from paypal saying it's a pyramid scheme! in Security and Fraud Archives
- Can someone hack your account from just your username? in Security and Fraud Archives