Permanently banned when changing name tied to account
Unfortunately, you violated TOS and was banned proper so you can’t use PayPal anymore. PayPal doesn’t let you change name significantly, ie. transferring account to an entirely different person’s name. If they allow it, anyone can swoop in to take over someone else’s account. Any money in the account is stuck as your ID and name given at sign up didn’t match. Never use fake name.
Try again opening account with your real info when you have moved dwellings, get new internet provider, new photo ID with updated address on it (or just use passport), new financials with updated address. Remember that if they can cross reference you to the banned account, any new account will be banned.
Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
I've helped on here for 15 years and you have always had to have your legal name on your paypal account.
You may have problems using cashapp to cash out with a fake name. Its not recommended on there either.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- My paypal account is permanently limited in Security and Fraud Archives
- Restore permanently limited account in Security and Fraud Archives
- My account got permanently limited in Security and Fraud Archives
- My PayPal is limited permanently may u help me access my funds please in Security and Fraud Archives
- HOW TO WITHDRAW FUNDS 180 DAYS LIMITED in Security and Fraud Archives