Permanently Limited my account

AnkitSinha793
New Community Member

Hi community,

I am very new to PayPal, and a resident of India. As an Indian I never used PayPal. A week back I got an opportunity to work with a US firm wherein I was supposed to receive weekly payment of whatever work I do under them as per the hour basis. They, being a US resident, asked me to set-up a PayPal account so as to receive payments of the work done.

I made my account a personal one because I didn't know that I needed a business one to accept payments. I did it day before yesterday and did all the process for KYC (Know Your Customer).

Initially, my manager sent me the money (as per the contract) but I didn't get it, after going through the support, PayPal executive told me that your account hasn't been verified but is now verified now (because I did all the process few hours before), and asked me ask my sender to send the money again since the money has been refunded back to the sender.

After the hassle, I asked my manager to resend the money, and he did later in the night (because of the time difference), and it didn't reflect in my account even after 7 hours. I contacted the support again and I got to know that the money hasn't been transacted yet that's the reason it wasn't showing up in my account and asked me ask, again, my manger to show the transaction detail or resend the money. Upon asking, my manager confirmed that the money sent was failed, and resent me the amount again. I received the money today in the late evening, but upon receiving, my account was "permanently limited" and the amount was on hold. This is what it was written:

"After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. You'll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. Based on this decision, if applicable, you're no longer eligible for Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. You'll also be charged a High Volume Dispute fee based on your activity for all existing and future cases you receive. Any bank or credit card information that's linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed or added to another account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive payments. If you have funds in your PayPal balance, we'll hold it for up to 180 days. After that period, we'll email you with information on how to access your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause."

What should I do now? This was supposed to be my first salary haha but now I am just lost and stuck. If anyone could help me out in this! 😞

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnkitSinha793 

Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-

1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not being in the country where you have opened a Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.

If none of those then.........

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnkitSinha793 

Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-

1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not being in the country where you have opened a Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.

If none of those then.........

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.