Paypal closed my case

darkosajic98
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have sent money via paypal for game account and a seller is not responding to me anymore. I have emmediately reported that to Paypal and they closed my account saying that I should send a request to Resolution center. Now when I go to RC, report a problem, I choose that transaction and it's a dead end
"

Case Status:Closed

Thank you for reporting this case. After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection."

So there is no option to open a case again. What should I do ? I want to send a proof that I'm scammed and to try to get my money back, also I think seller should get blocked by paypal for that action.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @darkosajic98,

Welcome to the Community Help Forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear about the issue with your purchase. I see you're looking to reopen the case. Based on the case update, the case was closed as the charge wasn't unauthorized. Please be informed that unauthorized means someone else gained access to your account and made the payment. As the payment was processed by you, the case wasn't decided in your favor.

If you have sent the payment as a Goods & services payment, you can contact PayPal Support team to re-open the case for not receiving the order/service. You can find the contact options to reach PayPal Support here. If the payment was sent as Friends & Family payment, you have to contact the recipient to work together toward a resolution. Friends & Family payments are not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. If a resolution can't be met and you paid via card or bank, you may want to reach out to your financial institution to seek other dispute options.

To avoid such issues in the future and to avail of PayPal's purchase protection, always send your payment as Goods & Service (instead of friends & Family). So if you have any issue with the transaction, you can dispute it with PayPal to get a refund if eligible. 

Hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

SLEnterprises
New Community Member

When someone charges your account WITHOUT authorization.. how can you make the decision to simply close the case?
My account was charged on June 3rd WITHOUT my consent.  I filed a dispute and the case was closed..??

I called to re-open the case and the automated support bot said the case had been re-opened.
Seriously?  They don't even know which case I was referring to.
How is PayPal even allowed to handle financial transactions since you offer NO customer service whatsoever?
How have you people NOT been reported to the FTC?

There is NO way PayPal should be allowed to run any kind of business dealing with monetary transactions if they are unwilling to offer any kind of customer service.

Login to Me Too

eric323

Hi, there was an unauthorized transaction for $993.72 just yesterday. I thought I caught it early and filed a dispute within 10 minutes I was told it was authroized. This doesn't seem right. Here are the details.

How many unauthorized transaction have been reported on: [removed]?

Case: Number: PP-R-ZIU-487175096
Seller info:
Google Payment Corp
[removed]
Date reported:June 23, 2023
Invoice ID:912739534178506206
Item: Pixel 7 Pro Snow 128GB (Unlocked)

Please refund my money and flag that account/email address ([removed]).
Paypal really should have a way to find and remove this type accounts from conducting business.

If that is a legit google email, why can't I see the actual email address that made the purchase?

Why can't I see the IP address where it was made from?
This seems like a simple way to track and stop fraudlent purchases.

These type of purchases seem to be a common fraud. Same thing happended in my Amazon Account about a month ago. They refunded the funds no problem.
Someone outside of my network/ip address purcahsed a phone. Why not create an ip net around a user's account if a purchase happens outside their net then send them an email and put the purchase in a hold status to give the user/owner a chance to review/approve/report, a text would nice.

There looks like several ways PayPal can help eliminate these types of transactions.
I wait patiently and discouraged by the lack of progress in this area for PayPal.

Also when something is reported as unauthorized can you provide more details to me so I can do what is necessary on my end.

I don't know what email address was used so how do I know which password to change...frustrating.

Login to Me Too

eric323

Why can't PayPal make it where, when a user makes a purchase from an IP address that is out of their country the purchase is put on a 3, 5, 10 day hold, for a sms confirmation, not an email confirmation?
If the phone number is changed in the users account, verification is required. 
Why am I having to make this suggestion? Why is not already in place? 
PayPal this is how financial institutions lose trust.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.