PayPal’s refusal

yusketamura
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t know where else to get it off my chest but here. My computer was ransomed and in the process the hacker sent himself money on my PayPal account 2 400$ and 1 $100. I only use this account in JPY (I live in the Us). Have managed to stop more damage than that but was charged for these transactions. I quickly reported with my police department and reported to FBI’s IC3. One of the $400 transaction went thought to my bank and so my I disputed with my bank. PayPal deemed the $100 as fraudulent but refuses to see the 400 as a fraudulent. I have them the police report and told them I reported to ic3. I was very cooperative in giving any information I can but was told they deemed it authorized. In one of the conversation with manager I was told the IP address was the same so therefore it was authorized. I explained to him I have report numbers and disputed with my bank and told him the transaction pattern is completely different. He just told me IP is everything. Then I asked him if police reports or reporting to the FBI mean anything. He told me none of that matters since the IP (I should mention the hacker did log in from his IP after the x2 400$ this IP apparently doesn’t matter). Later on my bank deemed my problem to be real and got the 400$ back. But PayPal charged me for the disputed 400$ making me owe 800$, I called them today and was told that since my bank got the money PayPal needs me to pay it saying “you got the money from the dispute right? Pay us back with that.” I was in shock by this. I’m just a loss for words with the entire thing. I reported to the police and FBI, I called PayPal the moment it happened and followed their rules of disputing with the bank and yet they abuse me.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yusketamura 

All I can suggest is file a complaint at bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to reach PayPal executive escalations office.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

yusketamura
Contributor
Contributor
Update to this topic. I went to my bank today and they as well are confused as the dispute case is still going on so PayPal taking 400$ on money that hasn’t been taken shouldn’t happen. Idk what to do anymore.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.