PayPal email requesting me to pay an invoice but I didn't make this purchase, not coming up on app

Leahsarah
New Community Member

I keep getting a PayPal email from a Shana [Removed], using a [removed] email requesting me to pay an invoice for something I didn't purchase, it's also not coming up on my PayPal app. I've blocked and reported it multiple times but it keeps coming through! The email is saying it's to is [Removed] Which I've never even heard of before. How do I make this stop!! Again there is NO activity when I log into my PayPal account so I know it's fake but I'm just so confused why it's coming from a [Removed] email and it won't stay blocked!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leahsarah 

Double check the raw header of the email or click reply to see who really sent it as the official PayPal email address can be used as an alias or spoofed.

If nothing is showing in your PayPal account, not even a PayPal invoice or money request related to this, then it’s email spam. Someone got ahold on your email address and started spamming it. It happens.

If your email provider or email client has an email address blocker, just add the email address that really sent the email to block list or mark the email as spam.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.