PayPal Refunded the Customer After product Was Delivered to Them

DJKUMA
Contributor
Contributor

Bizarre right?

Hello, All. Have been trying to file a complaint, response, case, dispute about a particular sale but PayPal for some really weird reason is not allowing it. However, the US Post Service confirms the customer has received the product and paypal, 3 days later has provided the customer with a full refund. Including Paypal's share. I would just like to know what happened.

First time in 12 years have we seen this.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

trezeme
Contributor
Contributor
Similar to what happened to me. I finally received an item late that I purchased on eBay, however I had informed PayPal of this issue a couple of days earlier and they gave me a complete refund, couple of days later the item arrived. Does PayPal get the money back from the seller? I ask as if they do then I will want to pay the seller for the item that eventually arrived. I suppose they do as if they didn't they would be out of pocket. I don't want the seller to end up with the money I sent to them for the original order plus receiving it again from me. Perhaps I should send a message to PayPal asking them about it.
Login to Me Too

DJKUMA
Contributor
Contributor

According to Paypal you have 10 days to do so. My incident happened on the 19th of February. I have been trying to open a case or dispute with the findings since 19th of February but Paypal is not allowing it. 

Login to Me Too

trezeme
Contributor
Contributor
I've explained to PayPal what happened and I've also informed the seller, so if none of them come back to me I see nothing else I can do as I've offered the seller the money back as the item did finally arrive. As it is ebay commerce that pays the seller I have nothing to use to even transfer the money back to the seller unlike the old days when you could use the sellers email address.
Login to Me Too

DJKUMA
Contributor
Contributor

It sucks that our options are limited in these situations. At this point it looks like the buyer got away with fraud here and ther is nothing I can do. And Paypal remains silent.

Login to Me Too

Leeduggan96
New Community Member
I've reached out to PayPal concerning merchandise I didn't receive and merchandise I didn't order. They did not help. I had to call my bank because the funds keep coming out of my account. 4 payments for 3 different items. I don't have or received some BS. NEVER AGAIN!!!
Login to Me Too

DJKUMA
Contributor
Contributor

Ultimately the bank is our last resort. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.