PERMANENT LIMITATION OF ACCOUNT
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to hear your accounts have recently been limited. I can certainly understand how concerning this kind of situation can be.
@El452, once PayPal decides to permanently limit an account, normally that decision is final. If you submitted information / documentation and then received the permanent limitation notification, the decision to limit the account may be based on the documents we received.
@Schnapsidee, thank you for that info! Normally, we don't normally recommend funding a purchase for someone else through your account especially when they send you the money. If they have a PayPal account, and they have money to fund the transaction, they should making the purchase through their own account. Funding a purchase in this way can open your account up to risk and potential disputes or chargebacks.
With both of your cases, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to see what options may be available. They may not be able to overturn the initial decisions, but they may be able to offer a bit more insight into the situation.
- Jon K
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- UNABLE TO CLOSE CANADIAN PAYPAL ACCOUNT in Security and Fraud Archives
- Account Limited for no apparent reason in Security and Fraud Archives
- My paypal account is permanently limited in Security and Fraud Archives
- my paypal account got limited last 29th of aug 2021. in Security and Fraud Archives
- Restore permanently limited account in Security and Fraud Archives