My secondary e-mail is locked out because someone is trying to use it

Alan_181
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure this is fraud, but it might be.

On a secondary e-mail address which mainly gets spam, I've received three e-mails from paypal.de about setting up a new account and adding 2-step verification - I've not done anything of the sort. Obviously, I've not confirmed my e-mail address.  This is possibly someone getting their e-mail address wrong (or trying to game something somewhere), but it's making me a little uneasy.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what happens next if the e-mail address isn't confirmed? Will the account be suspended at some point?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Alan_181

Thanks for stopping by the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear someone else added your email to their PayPal account. For assistance removing the email so you can add it to your own account, please contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also reach Support by sending a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. 

I hope this is resolved soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Alan_181
Contributor
Contributor

Just realised that I should clarify a couple of things.

• The secondary e-mail is not already attached to my paypal account, so I don't think I'm directly at risk
  • I'd like to attach it to my paypal account to stop this sort of thing happening in the future
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Alan_181

Thanks for stopping by the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear someone else added your email to their PayPal account. For assistance removing the email so you can add it to your own account, please contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also reach Support by sending a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. 

I hope this is resolved soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.