My account is being held hostage

OrangePlatypus2
Contributor
Contributor

For some unknown reason, my account is being held hostage by PayPal, I keep trying to contact support through PayPal assistant, but my conversations keep mysteriously ending as soon as the bot says "If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded." as if someone on the other end keeps terminating my conversations so my account issues can't be resolved, my account has said "Please confirm your identity

To help keep your account secure, please provide documents that confirm your identity. If you've already added them, thanks. We'll email you once we've reviewed them." for weeks, I tried confirming my identity, but it just says "We’re reviewing your documents" for weeks, I had a single conversation with support where they asked for my ID, social security card, and I even sent a picture of my lease for proof of address, but they rejected it saying I wasn't the primary name on the lease, I don't know how else I'm expected to prove my address, I don't have any of the other "acceptable" documents, my mom, brother, even my dad never went through any of this, they all signed up and had their accounts verified just fine, American Express Serve had no problems letting me sign up, they even sent me a debit card, but for some strange reason, no matter what, it seems I can't get my PayPal account verified, they even told me my ID card would be acceptable, only to reject it after I sent them a picture of both sides of it, this is absolutely ridiculous, I need PayPal so I can get paid for working for Rev as a freelancer, PayPal is the only payout option they have, why is this so difficult?!?!?!? I can't even link my American Express Serve account to PayPal! The website won't let me do that either! I don't even have the option to delete my account! It just says "

Before you close your account…

There's something that needs to be resolved. Please contact customer service, and we'll help you with it."

But I can't contact customer service! It closes my conversation every time it reaches the part where I'm supposed to explain the reason I'm contacting them!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

OrangePlatypus2
Contributor
Contributor

After reaching out to the Better Business Bureau, my account problem is now resolved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OrangePlatypus2 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

OrangePlatypus2
Contributor
Contributor

After reaching out to the Better Business Bureau, my account problem is now resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.