KPossible scam

CJL93
New Community Member

Hello! I'm selling my car and I had a potential buyer from Ireland, I'm based in the UK so he has to get the car transported up. He's paying through PayPal and has sent me across an email from "paypal" with the money but I have to pay for the shipping and that the money is on hold. Even though he has included these shipping fees in the final amount I'll receive the email from "PayPal" doesn't seem genuine and I have no activity on my account saying the funds are on hold. Should I try this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CJL93
New Community Member
Also the email sent doesn't look quite like the genuine emails I receive.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @CJL93,

Welcome to our community help forum!

I can see how receiving that email would be concerning to you. It sounds like you've received a fake email. PayPal will never ask the seller to pay shipping fees in order to release the money. If you receive any email about activity on a PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the email’s validity is to log in to a PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the email received). Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. Please forward any suspicious emails to phishing@paypal.com and view this web page for more information on spotting a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website.

I hope this ifnormation helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.