July 2023 new scam, Dispute scam, did not close dispute/personal data leak:

Thevision87
Contributor
Contributor

robbed 500$ and the most reputable online payment company can't adapt to the ever evolving scammer? Please help or share your story. I w Dispute scam/didnt close dispute/personal data now in a criminals hands: Help, robbed 500$ , supposedly i closed my own dispute that i opened only 12 hours earlier, (i didnt, and can prove it), rude ignorant employees when i call to ask why its closed, l, one call told it wasnt closed, next day told nothing i could do, i have talked to others who have had this happen in the last week, most saying chargeback, what can i do other than that? I think this really should be investigated by someone in fraud, or reported to someone who wipp give it an actual look. This big of company cant see cyber crime as an evolving threat... I need my 500$back, but dont know what to do, *cash was just released from pending after trying to have this handled before it released Im disappointed. And are there outside agencies to report this to?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thevision87 

Did you try and open a dispute whilst the funds were still pending?

Which dispute did you open ie which option did you select?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Thevision87
Contributor
Contributor
I opened a didnt receive my item dispute. I provided screens i couldnt communicate with seller. Whats funny is the last message paypal sent was to wait it out, it will be ok. 30 min later i cancel the dispute? And then furthermore like an hour after i allegedly closed it (and having no knowledge this had happened) i sent paypal more screenshots, and thanked them so much because im so stressed about this and just want it over. I was able to at least start another claim/dispute over a different subject, but didnt follow through because multiple phone calls i was told it would do nothing
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thevision87 

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item and NOT unauthorised + it was within the 20 days to escalate and so your dispute didn't auto close then sorry but unless you accidentally clicked close by mistake then not sure how it closed.

All you can do is keep contacting customer services and see if an agent will be nice enough to open a second dispute for you.

OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.