I'm getting calls and texted from an attempted scammer. How do I report this to PayPal?

WaffleHouseKing
New Community Member

I keep on getting calls and texts about my account. The calls are not from a legit PayPal phone number. One of the texts were from a legit PayPal phone number. They were tying to reset my password. They are trying to confirm a login, and get information about my account. I get several of these calls a day. I also get this on Venmo. It seems to be the same person.

I want to report this to PayPal, share the phone number of the (FAILING) scammers, and make sure the situation is being watched. I also want to double check if anything fishy has happened on my account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @WaffleHouseKing 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help and thanks for posting here!

I understand you're worried about receiving repeated fake calls and texts about your PayPal account. I know this can be very upsetting! Any time you receive a text or call about any activity of your PayPal account, the safest way to check the validity of the message/call is by logging to your PayPal account(without using the links shared in the texts/emails) from PayPal website and reviewing the activity. Please take the screenshot of the phone log/message log showing the phone number and text, forward it to phishing@paypal.com to get this investigated by PayPal.

You can also refer to one of the Help center article of PayPal about spotting and reporting fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email, calls/texts or website here.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.