I got an email stating to got the money the buyer sent to me but it never shows on my PayPal acc

LSWtamashi
Contributor
Contributor
I got an email stating that I got the money my client sent me but it didn't show on my PayPal nor in my dashboard stating that I got a pending money,I tried refreshing it a lot of times but I still didn't get the money,the email that was sent to my account stated that I got 100$ and has to tell my buyer to send another 200$ to get the payment but when he tried that it never went into my acc,so I have a balance of 300$ but still not balance showing up,Im panicking here because the buyer really needs the money and I don't wanna be branded as a scammer,I also don't have a credit card linked into myaccount
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @LSWtamashi

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm glad you reached out about this transaction you're supposed to receive. After reading over the situation, it does sound like it's not a legitimate situation. You should never have to send money to someone to receive money through PayPal. You can read more about How to spot fake, fraudulent, or phishing emails and sites here. 

I would recommend looking for another buyer for the good / service you're selling. Good luck on your future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

LSWtamashi
Contributor
Contributor
Sir/maam i am the seller of the product my client bought but the money he transfered didn't show to my PayPal dashboard nor even at my hold balance but I got a notification in my Gmail that I got it
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @LSWtamashi

I think what @PayPal_JonK was trying to say it sometimes you can receive fake emails from a buyer pretending that they have sent you the money. Normally, if a buyer has sent you money and your email address is correct and confirmed the funds will show on your PayPal account. Please ask your buyer to send you are screenshot of the completed payment on their PayPal account so you can confirm it has been sent and that it has been sent to the correct email address. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.