How do i file another dispute for the same transaction that is now closed?

temp20220214ab
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute for a transaction I believed to be a fraudulent website after I had paced the order- PayPal closed the case saying that the payment was all above board. I have never received the goods and I have contacted the seller several times - no reply. I now want a refund for goods not received but i cant open another dispute for the same transaction it just keeps taking me back to the closed dispute and wont let me file another one. How do i do this?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20220214ab 

Contact customer service to reopen the same dispute as item not received:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.
  3. Click Disputes
  4. Click Dispute a payment
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Reference the case ID number in your request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

briangup
Contributor
Contributor

They told me it was impossible to reverse the case is closed.

Login to Me Too

briangup
Contributor
Contributor

They said I had to escalate the case and didn't.  They don't give two **bleep**!  You have any idea how much money they bring in?  I'm peanuts to them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@briangup 

The dispute part of the claim is for you to negotiate with the seller, if that does not work out then you have up to 20 days to escalate to a claim for paypal to become involved, unfortunately sounds as if you didn't bother so your claim was auto-closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nono144
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had a similar issue. If I was not the type of person that checks their credit card statement throughly, I would have never noticed the transaction and these folks would have kept stealing my money in the long run.

My feeling about this is that PayPal does not give a **bleep** about their clients.

I have decided to get vocal about it to encourage people around me to leave PayPal if they don't send me the data on which they have based their decision about my case. I will also share my story with newspapers and radio/TV channels that are eager to scare the **bleep** out of the average citizen with some scam anecdote that could happen to anyone. Even if it lowers PayPal's activity for only a couple of weeks in my area it still represents a fair chunk of lost money for them - much more than the amount they refuse to give me back.

It's the only thing I can do at my level but I will do it.

Good luck with your dispute, I hope you did not get too much money stolen.

Login to Me Too

jang-73
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, Hon!  PayPal doesn't give a **bleep** to its customers.  It's a BIG company who makes TONS of money and yet cares NONE for its customers.  I had a dispute that I filed too but PayPal ruled against me instead of the seller.  I bought clothing from this seller called BerryLook.com and received poor quality made clothing from them.  I sent PayPal all the supporting documents but yet they still ruled in favor of the seller.  According to PayPal, it doesn't matter if the clothing were made of poor quality as long as they look the same as advertised online.  So, it looks like PayPal folks don't mind wearing poor quality clothing themselves.  I bet if they were the ones who received poor quality clothing that were so unattractive to even wear, they will be wanting their money back too.  But hey, this is the real world where corporations such as PayPal gets to made crappy decisions for their customers.  Stop using Paypal as a method of payment.  You don't need them to make payments!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jang-73 

If you read paypals buyer protection policy you will see that paypal offer protection for items significantly other than as described, they do not get involved in ''quality'' issues as that would be between you and the seller.

There buyer protection policy has to give some buyer and some seller protection, as they are the middle man then someone is always going to lose out, sadly this time its you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

briangup
Contributor
Contributor
kernowlass, your answers make it sound like your an employee at pay pal. 
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@briangup 

Accusing me of working for Paypal, wow, that's original.  

My answer states the facts, always best to read up on buyer protection before using paypal to buy AND seller protection before you start to sell.

That's my advice, take it or leave it, but if you take it then you won't be surprised when you lose a dispute. 

Even your credit card doesn't give you 100% protection, all payment processors have terms and conditions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.