How can I reverse a dispute I've made?

alfonsoinigo17
New Community Member

So I made a purchase from this vendor and they said their products would be delivered in 3-5 working days. However, it has been 6 now, and adding onto that, their social media pages and phone numbers weren't active, so I assumed the business wasn't active anymore and decided to cancel my purchase and obtain a refund. Paypal sent me the refund instantly and the case was closed in the Resolution Centre. Within a few hours by complete coincidence, I finally received a shipping tracking number and confirmation email from the vendor. 

Now I feel really bad and would like to reverse everything I did because it'll be as if I never paid them. Is there a way to do this? Or will the vendor notice the discrepancy and be able to dispute and cancel the refund even if the case has been closed? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alfonsoinigo17 

Do nothing until you receive the item and are happy with it. 

A lot of these Social Media ads and websites send fake tracking as soon as you dispute.

If you do receive it then it may be tat.

If by a long shot you are happy with it then contact the seller and just pay them again?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.