Funds sent to a bank acct that's closed

Sgvfrank
New Community Member
Pp130 was sent to closed acct that I did not authorize, the activity on acct shows no records of the funds being moved
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Sgvfrank 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help and thanks for posting!

I do understand your concern about the funds being transferred to a closed account. When a transfer is initiated from your PayPal account, you will always be notified via email with the transfer details. No worries! As the transfer was processed to a closed bank account, the transfer will be reversed and the funds will be returned to your balance in few days. 

Also, please update your password, security questions and report this unauthorized activity immediately to PayPal Support team to get this checked further and the contact options can be found here

To avoid further inconvenience with the bank transfers, please remove your closed bank account from your PayPal account.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.