Fraudulent account opened under my husband’s name that’s scamming people out of money.

Cscarber1983
New Community Member

Well it appears someone is using my husband’s name to scam people out of money here on PayPal. Woke up this morning to horrible nasty text messages from someone who thought they were talking to my husband. They had searched his name and found my number and proceeded to threaten, expose, and get my husband. My husband doesn’t have a PayPal account. He isn’t into technology much. I proceeded to play along thinking it was a scammer. Turns out it was a real person who was very upset at being scammed out of 500$ . The people who have done the scamming are using my husband’s name with an Alabama number (area code 205) to do this. Please be aware. If you see anyone on here using the information [removed]Scarber, it’s fraud. The police department here in Sc and in Virginia have both made reports and are investigating. I have a feeling I know who this may be. Not sure yet. Please advise if you’ve seen any activity and how to let PayPal know . Thanks. Wife-[removed]Scarber

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Cscarber1983,

Welcome to our community help forum and thank you for your post!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. In this case, your best option would contacting our support team to check this further, You can reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page or message us through Facebook/Twitter

I hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.