Fraudulent Charge on Vanilla Gift Card
I received a Visa gift card as a gift. There was a transaction that I do not recognize (PP*DYERHEIGHTS). When I Google that, they say it is a PayPal charge. Is this right? This gift card is not linked to my PayPal account. I tried to call Visa but it's automated only with no help regarding fraudulent transactions.
Disputes & Chargebacks
Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity on your Vanilla card. Normally, if you see the activity on your PayPal account, we would recommend looking into reporting the activity through our Resolution Center. If you do not see the transaction on your PayPal account, we would recommend reaching out to Vanilla to see what options are available for dispute.
- Jon K
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Fraudulent charge from bytedance? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Fraudulent charge Unauthorized transaction/ and customer service failures in Security and Fraud Archives
- Does the $1.95 transaction get refunded to the card if it doesn't get verified? in Wallet Archives
- Fraud in Security and Fraud Archives
- Fraudulent unauthorized charge from "Dyson" in Security and Fraud Archives