Fees

patrycjapl730
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have a question because someone is probably trying to scam me. Someone was supposed to send me 5000$ on my paypal account. He is from Kuwait I am from Poland. He send me a link to bitcoin page and he said that to receive the money I need to pay some international fee by this link. Can you tell me if it is possible to pay fee like that?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@patrycjapl730 

No, it’s a scam. PayPal don’t ask you to send bitcoin in order to receive payment. Any PayPal fees are automatically deducted from the sent payment and you get the rest and you will see a record of payment in your account..

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@patrycjapl730 

No, it’s a scam. PayPal don’t ask you to send bitcoin in order to receive payment. Any PayPal fees are automatically deducted from the sent payment and you get the rest and you will see a record of payment in your account..

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Foot20
Contributor
Contributor
Can I ask if someone sends you an email to pay the fee to them before the money is released is this a scam?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Foot20,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about fees to receive money. Please be informed that you'll never be asked to pay the fees upfront in order to receive money. The fees will automatically get deducted by PayPal and then the funds will be credited to your account.  The fee details will be listed in the transaction details. Here's the Help Center Article how to spot fake email. 

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.