Erroneous Credit Card Charge from PAYPAL *ALIPAYSINGA AL

Digby34
New Community Member

I sent a message to PAYPAL this morning about an erroneous charge in the pending area of my credit card account. My PAYPAL transaction history shows no activity in the relavent toime period so I cannot open a dispute in PAYPAL. No response from PAYPAL after (8) hours. Should I cancel the PAYPAL account as I feel it may be compromised?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Srspom
Contributor
Contributor
Same for me today...for $111.25 In pending still. It's not showing on your PayPal account...because it's not YOU. Simply put, someone has added your credit card to their PayPal account and made a purchase...
Login to Me Too

racelance
New Community Member

I just got 8 quick charges for $45/each from this same group "ALIPAYSINGA AL" - it doesn't show up in my PayPal and now I'll have to call me CC company. Shortly after these $45 charges someone started charing larger items for over $1300 - I immediately shut down my account. Unreal!

Login to Me Too

Buffy21
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me. I've reported to my bank, blocked my card and I have a new one coming. Transactions show on my bank statement, not my PayPal. However, they got the number somehow. I've detached my bank cards from PayPal in the meantime. I'd appreciate a response from PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Buffy21
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried to let PayPal know, as it taints them by association and it makes me wary to add a bank account again. No luck so far.

Login to Me Too

Katiwompus

Same here. No activity in my PayPal acct. but bank statement shows pending transactions: $247.50 to a GoFundMe Poor Scol Redwood City CAUS that I couldn't find when I searched for it, and 5 charges for $49.62 each to PAYPAL *ALIPAYSINGA A[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]SG. I'm guessing some **bleep** has gotten a hold of my card number and has a PayPal account and a GoFundMe account that they are making payments to and will be able to retrieve the money later. I've written both GoFundMe and PayPal with the info I have so hopefully they can find these accounts and deactivate them! People should be Nice!!

C'mon PayPal go find ALIPAYSINGA A[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]SG and shut them down!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katiwompus 

Found this on google.......

When you buy from AliExpress, it shows up as something as PayPal AlipaySinga AL. They are apparently classified as financial institution.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Buffy21
Contributor
Contributor

yes! there is a genuine AliPay - this one is fraudulent, so keep an eye on your account 🙂

Login to Me Too

Buffy21
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! I got a fraudulent Go Fund Me as well!

Login to Me Too

mysticmel79
New Community Member

I just wanted to share that I had this issue with a $150 fraudulent charge back in Feb! Took me until early June to get it resolved. There was a charge by PAYPAL *ALIPAYSINGA AL and my first dispute was declined because they gave a tracking number to say that I had a "specialty retail package" shipped to me. Thanks to this thread, I put 2+2 together and realized that these strange packages that were sent to me around the time of the charge were connected with this fraudulent activity. I got two packages that were just small envelopes mailed from a company in Texas called Festo (look it up online and you'll see their weird and obviously fake robotic parts website). The packages had a tracking number and inside was just a piece of paper. How they dispute the fraud claim is through this proof of delivery. Luckily, Chase provided the tracking number they shared as their "proof" and I managed to have not only saved that package but never opened it! I mailed it to the fraud department and it became clear what the scam was. I guess bottom line is if you receive something funky in the mail with a tracking number... SAVE IT! Chances are it's associated with some sort of credit card fraud or identity theft. Hope this can help another person as this thread has helped me. 

Login to Me Too

ship1991

They just got my account for over $700 - what I find curious is that the first charge indicates was a purchase and the remaining three were typed in manually???

Hopefully my credit card issuer is able to refund this in full. Just had a similar case around Christmas with some a**hole opening a new amazon account and attaching my other credit card to it that I only use for amazon purchases and because they used my name and card but shipped to a different address Chase told me to kick rocks and Amazon chose to ignore me so I got stuck with over $1000 in charges that I ended up paying. I hope this is not another one of these cases because I just may have lost all faith in credit card companies... That's a lot of damage within a few months time period.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.