Disputed charge debacle--how can you contact a person at PayPal?

CapHillGal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, Filed a claim because I never received my order. Seller provided a bogus tracking number. PayPal echat said she would review and of course, would contact FedEx. She was sure my claim would be approved. A few days later I got a notice saying it was denied because seller provided tracking number. I tried contacting PayPal but got the run around in e-chat. Can't get to a person. I finally gave up and called AMEX as they do have people to talk with. I disputed the charge. Today I get a message that PayPal saying they can not continue to review my case because I disputed with AMEX. Now very confused (as they said it was closed) but can't find my way back to even the e-chat!  Does ANYONE at PayPal work together? Does anyone talk? Looks to me like there is NO ONE in charge. Anyone out there know how to get to a person?  I am thinking no one cares so about to vote with my feet, sell my stock, and take all my followers with me.  This is ridiculous!  Thanks all.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CapHillGal 

Since you opened a chargeback on the same case, PayPal sent a standard message to basically confirm that they can’t touch the case any more (should you try to appeal it through PayPal). Just resolve it with AMEX now. No point on speaking with PayPal at this point.

See Dispute with PayPal or Your Card Issuer

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CapHillGal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sharpiemarker.  Appreciate your reply.  The focus of my issue was the challenge of getting to a person in PayPal's resolution center.  My point was PayPal sent me a message saying THEY closed the case in the seller's favor BEFORE I went to AMEX!  I was willing to wait and even willing to reach back to PayPal to ask if they actually researched the bogus tracking number.  It was not until I could not find someone or a link to the topic that I elevated it to AMEX.  But once I did, my mysteriously closed case was somehow resurrected to tell me they were done.  I get that the AMEX inquiry stopped them, but why did they say it was resolved when it wasn't? Hence my reference to the debacle!    I am interested to know if that had happened to others and if anyone has successfully talked to a PayPal person.  At this point, I am voting with my feet and taking friends with me.  PayPal lost my trust and won't even discuss.  Seems they don't want feedback.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @CapHillGal

I am sorry to hear that your experience has not been a good one and that you have had trouble getting in touch to speak to someone. Have you tried contacting us via our social media channels? This may be an alternative option for you if you have been unable to get in touch with us through our chat and phone support. You can contact us via Facebook or via Twitter. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

ScaryPantsGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Why should anyone have to leave the Paypal site and contact someone outside normal Paypal customer service channels to speak to someone about a problem with Paypal? What's the point of having a customer service function...on the actual home website...if you're having to go to Facebook or somewhere else to fix a problem?

I'm starting to think that given the fact that I'm facing the same problem that the OP is facing...in that scammers are rewarded for stealing from people...that the perpetual foot-dragging that I'm receiving from Paypal will end up the same way that this poor schmoe OP ended up:

"Sorry, sucks to be you!"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScaryPantsGuy 

Gosh you are behind the times, loads of companies have customer services via social media sites.

I contacted my credit card issuers customer services on there recently.

If you contact Paypals pages on Facebook or Twitter then you are dealing with Paypal customer service agents, its just another way to access them and easier for some folks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ScaryPantsGuy
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Wrong answer.

The PayPal CSR up there is telling you to run screaming from PayPal's own website customer service agents and try out the social media PayPal CSR's instead.

Which, by the way...still gets you nowhere, as they ignore you just as much as they do in here, so both the on-site CSR's and Facebook CSR's are equally as ineffective.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScaryPantsGuy 

Run screaming 😂  !!! not only incorrect but over dramatic.

No they merely pointed out that if someone was having issues in their country contacting customer services on paypals website then they can contact them an alternate way via Social Media.  

And loads of posters every day successfully contact customer services that way.

Can't understand why they are ignoring you, maybe they have read your rude posts?  🤔

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CapHillGal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Thought I would provide an update.  I realize the world has changed and several of you out there believe social media is the solution.  I would offer that social media has a lot of value but comes with its own boatload of problems.  Maybe I will try it and see if anyone out there responds.  But, back to my update. 

Recap:  Item ordered 4/17/23; erroneous tracking number (fraudulent?) provided by seller.  eBay (relying on the erroneous tracking number) said it was delivered, PayPal endorsed eBay’s assertion and now AMEX says PayPal and eBay say it was delivered so my case is denied!  I asked if anyone called FedEx as I requested to find that the tracking number was not associated with my name or my address.  The answer is no!  According to my research, it is a growing scam! 

Here is how it works.  The fraudulent seller advertises a bogus product on Ebay.  After a few days, they provide a tracking number fitting the timeline and delivery to the buyer’s zip code.  Since no one at Ebay, PayPal, or AMEX investigates beyond seeing a tracking number marked delivered, the crook has several weeks, months, or more, to take the buyer’s money and run.  While I am living proof that it happens, I hope to change that trend! 

The chat feature is useless in cases like this as it is programed for yesterday’s problems!  I’ve successfully found a few real people who recognize the error and submit or resubmit the dispute.  Unfortunately, the dispute department (is that the weak link?) does not read the documentation or simply signs off that the tracking number says the product was delivered!  Cha-ching...the bad guy wins! 

Given that I was told again today that AMEX sides with eBay, PayPal and the fraudulent seller and I am once again being charged for my un-delivered order, I reached out to FedEx again.  While they reinforced that they cannot give me information in writing as I am not the seller or receiver, they also reinforced that they CAN share with ebay, PayPal, and AMEX but I guess, no one asked!  Next step:  report it to their abuse at their domain email. I still find it hard to believe that this easily verified, simple case is going unsolved and generating so much income to criminals!  Why is it no one investigates?  Is it that they just don't care?  What's up with that?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.