Dispute and Fraud using Paypal

RedFernStation
Contributor
Contributor

This post is for my mum.

She had money taken out of her account from direct debit, from Paypal. She does not use Paypal. 

I have contacted her bank and we are disputing the charges.

Her bank has advised that she does not need to close her account and open a new one.

My worry is that, if it is direct debit - they have her BSB and Account number so they can do this again.

I want to contact Paypal to disable the account that stole her banking information, and also to ask how this happens? I thought there would be checks in place for direct debits - surely you can't just put in a BSB and Acc number with random names and addresses and it works?

All the case options to contact Paypal seem to only be for YOUR OWN Paypal transactions - and not for Paypal transactions that are not your own.

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ScaryPantsGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Check to see if there's some way of changing the account number, as there were recurring payments that I tried to stop at one point, and couldn't get anything done through Paypal or the account that was billing me. My bank fixed it for me on that end.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.