Deception Fraud False

BethanieG8
Contributor
Contributor
I did something stupid. I thought I was depositing to paypal winnings from an app and instead its going to withdraw. How do I stop it from taking from my bank account??
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BethanieG8 

If you added money from your bank to PayPal:

Once you authorize a transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account, you can't cancel it.

Once the money is in your PayPal Balance, you can transfer it back to your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BethanieG8
Contributor
Contributor
No this app is going to try and take money from Paypal(and thus my bank account) to buy 60,000 coins. It's called Pusher Carnival. Supposedly you can win real money and cash out with PayPal. However cash out means cash from yu to the game to buy coins and I didn't know that!! It's going to empty my ankle account,not add to it!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thank you @sharpiemarker for your help on this thread. We greatly appreciate all the help you lend our customers. 

@BethanieG8, I'm sorry to hear you've run into some confusion with a recent transfer with your PayPal account. The best option is normally to reach out to the app / merchant to see if they can issue a refund or stop the transaction first. If the payment to the app has already started charging, unfortunately it normally wouldn't be able to be stopped or interrupted. If the payment was a goods / services transaction, you may want to try opening a dispute once the transaction has completed. If you're unable to open a dispute, may also wish to reach out to your funding source to see what options are available. 

If the transaction has not started yet, I'd recommend trying to remove PayPal from that app and cancelling any billing agreements that app may have started. You may also wish to put a pause on your financials so a charge does not go through. 

Good luck with this and future transactions through PayPal, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.