Claims

WranglerChicky
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a claim against a seller who is not responding to claim via PayPal but is instead messaging my personal email. Should I respond to them or leave it in the hands of PayPal and wait for seller to respond using the proper channels now?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WranglerChicky 

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim after allowing time for the seller to respond.

Paypal will check messages that are on the dispute only and make any decisions based on that information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WranglerChicky
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your response. I have already opened the claim against the seller. The status says still waiting to hear from them. Seller is messaging my personal email instead of responding to claim via PayPal. So my question was do I respond to her email or just wait for her to respond via the claim?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @WranglerChicky

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. Thanks for the information @kernowlass! Once you escalate the dispute to a claim, the seller is asked to respond within 10 days. If the seller doesn’t respond in the given time frame, PayPal will work to evaluate the information provided by both buyer and seller and determine the outcome of the claim. If we need any information from you, we will update you via email and you can respond with the information through he resolution center. You can always check the details and status of the dispute in the resolution center of your PayPal account.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

WranglerChicky
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, I appreciate the insight!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.