Can someone retract a transaction

Katieg900
New Community Member
Hi there looking at selling a phone and watch and buyer wants to instantly send the money. All is kosher on my side but I fear he won't be. If he sends the money can I sent him the items straight away? Is there a way he can say he hasn't received items or something to get money back? It's £600 so don't fancy being scammed
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katieg900 

> If he sends the money can I sent him the items straight away?

That depends. When you see the payment transaction in your account activity, click it.

Check if:

a) A Pending eCheck is waiting to be cleared (do not ship).

b) if you see this text below, it’s OK to ship: 

What should I do now?

Ship to the address on this page.
Save your tracking or shipping info.

PayPal may put your payment on 21 day hold, so look for the OK to ship (b) and add tracking number into the transaction. PayPal will release the funds within one day of confirming delivery via tracking number.

Important: Keep in mind that the money is not technically free and clear until after 180 days from payment date since buyers have that long to PayPal dispute or credit card chargeback a transaction so you might have to refund if buyer reports a problem later. That’s the risk with selling online. Accepting friends and family payments won’t protect you from credit card chargebacks or PayPal unauthorized activity disputes either while protecting you from PayPal Buyer protection disputes. If you want to be 100% protected, sell locally by cash in-person.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.