Can someone please help explain why my dispute was denied

Jmbreen
Contributor
Contributor

So I made a large purchase from a company in India for my business. Provided emails, invoice ect. Seller has ignored me for months, product hasn't arrived. Response from PayPal dispute was very simple. Transaction was processed correctly. What does that even mean? Of course it was my money was taken. Option to dispute within ten days doesn't appear on webpage. I'm supposed to just wear it yeah? What does buyer protection even mean?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Jmbreen 

I know this can be very upsetting. I would feel the same way! As your question is very account specific, we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. Your best option would be reaching the team. You can try other options like sending a DM through the Social media pages or a call during business hours to find more information.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Jmbreen 

Congratulations for your first post in the Community!

I understand your concern about the outcome of the dispute. If you sent the payment as Goods & services payment, you will be able to report the purchase within 180 days of the payment date for not receiving the item. More information about PayPal purchase protection can be found here

Friends and family payments are not intended for the purchase of goods or services from sellers and not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. If you sent the payment as Friends and family payment and paid via card or bank, you can contact your financial institution to seek other dispute options. 

Feel free to reach PayPal Support team by clicking the 'Contact Us' options at the bottom of PayPal page for any additional assistance. Support is also available through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Jmbreen
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Bindi. I reported it as a purchase. I can post the invoice here too if you'd like to see it? It was a purchase off Alibaba to a manufacturer called AJ Exporters in India. Payment was made via PayPal transfer. This information was provided in my dispute yet the reason I was denied was "transaction was correct" or something. Seems like a brush off? How can it be correct when I was clearly scammed. I have paid a lot of money for a product and received nothing. The manufacturer told me they would send tracking months ago and has ignored dozens of my attempts to contact since. I have searched their company and it doesn't exist at the address given on the invoice so clearly a case of fraud. I have tried the "contact us" you suggest. It's just an automated system and provided no help. I'd like an actual reason or someone to reassess my dispute. That is why I've come here asking for help.. Jesse
Login to Me Too

Jmbreen
Contributor
Contributor
Just looking now. It's saying the case was closed "because the transaction was processed correctly" Does that mean I received the goods? Because I definitely didn't receive the goods...
Login to Me Too

Jmbreen
Contributor
Contributor
It also said I can dispute but there is no button anywhere to be able to. It's not actually buyer protection if you just brush people off hey?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Jmbreen 

I know this can be very upsetting. I would feel the same way! As your question is very account specific, we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. Your best option would be reaching the team. You can try other options like sending a DM through the Social media pages or a call during business hours to find more information.

Best wishes,

Bindu

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.