Can I open a dispute on Ebay purchase?

Obsy27
New Community Member

Hello all,

I bought a Hive active heating kit on Ebay (Hub, Receiver and Thermostat)  in March which the seller had described as brand new in the box and unused. I did not need to install the items until this month and just performed a visual inspection of the items and put them aside. On installing the items this month, I could not pair the hub and contacted Hive support who informed me that the hub had already been registered on another account and was not brand new and as a result I cannot use it. I contacted the seller who said that as the 30 day period had passed , there was nothing they could do unless I get a message from the manufacturer Hive confirming this. I got this email and sent it to the sender but the seller is no longer responding. Can I open a dispute as this item was not new as purpoted by the seller?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Obsy27 

Yes.

Open a dispute in the resolution center. You’ll be responsible for return shipping costs.

PayPal Buyer and Seller Protection | PayPal UK

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.