Blizzard account hacked, authorized payments

Alexandra419
Contributor
Contributor

Hello dear community,

my blizzard account got hacked and it was linked to this paypal account. I already changed my password and used the 2 factor authentification but those 3 authorised payments remain at my account. I can't report them either since an error occurs everytime. I am worried this person might be able to make purchases with my account. I already unliked blizzard from my "service list" but I am still concered. Do you have any advice for me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Alexandra419,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be concerning. When you make a payment with some merchants, they will sign you up for an automatic payment. This means they can charge you for their services without you having to enter your details each time. 

I understand you have canceled this on your PayPal account. That will prevent any future transactions from going through. Unfortunately, we don't consider automatic payments unauthorized. 

I would suggest you contact the merchant directly to request a refund. As it was your Blizzard account that was compromised, they will have the option to report this and issue a refund. 

I hope you get this sorted! 

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.