Am i being scammed? Ebay seller trying to scam me?

Rainbee
Contributor
Contributor

I have a paypal dispute in which I've been asked to return the item (ebay). The return doesn't correspond to where the seller said they're from in the UK and also the name listed for the business is Ebay commerce UK. Am I right in thinking this is a scam? I have until tomorrow to provide a courier receipt to PayPal, but they are being less that helpful so I have spoken to visa about this (I paid visa, via paypal), who have said that as of Monday they will be happy to start chargeback processing. The whole thing has been a farce from the start with the seller trying to extort feeback which I've had to report him for etc. Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rainbee 

I would contact ebays live help or phone them, they have been known to be helpful even if its a paypal dispute, especially with addy enquiries.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rainbee 

Paypal normally provides a return address so check with them where they want it sent.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rainbee
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal are saying the name on the return is Ebay Commerce UK and then the sellers address. Which is not where he listed on the auction in the UK. I've asked paypal about this explaining hes just a trader and has only 80% feedback rating at present with alot of neg feedback and they're saying that name is all they hold on file for him. All seems very dodgy and paypal seem happy to play along. I'm assuming he must have a bank account set up in that name to empty his paypal account if what they're saying is true. I've passed all messages from paypal confirming this to ebay and now visa.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rainbee 

Would have been easier if you had opened an ebay dispute.

Have you contacted ebay customer services about it? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rainbee
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I know that now. I've never had to dispute a payment on eBay before. I was told by someone trying to be helpful to go straight to paypal.. I won't be going to them for advice again 😕 So far I've reported the seller to ebay using the report seller link for incorrect/fraudulent contact info. I've given them everything I know via PayPal. I've told them it's all in PayPal messages so I can retrieve it for them if required.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rainbee 

I would contact ebays live help or phone them, they have been known to be helpful even if its a paypal dispute, especially with addy enquiries.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rainbee
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks very much for your help Kernowlass. I'll give them a ring now 🙂 BTW.. im also in Kernow 👍
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.