Alaskan King Crab Scam

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I responded to an advertisement that appeared in my Facebook thread for fresh Alaskan King Crabs shipped right to your door at phenomentally low prices.

The link went to the website [Removed]   Only option for payment was Paypal.  It appears I got scammed out of $45.  The phone numbers on the order confirmation are not working.  There is no response to the email I sent to the company.  It appears they are in China.  Has anybody else been bitten by this scam??

Login to Me Too
104 REPLIES 104

Eeragus
Contributor
Contributor
Got me too. I sent 1st email because it did not accept the 10% off coupon code and that email came back undeliverable. I waited a cpl days and went back to check my order and it would not let me log in. Today I went to check my order via my confirmation email and it gives a msg saying " SORRY this shop is unavailable!" So i am going to contact an attorney and see if i can go after FB AND I am going to boycott FB ! Started a dispute with PP today will keep an eye out for their response. If not my credit union just might take care of me as they are pretty decent.
Login to Me Too

Bjlo1
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal DENIED my request for a refund because the seller said it was delivered. Post Office said it was a scam. Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

jamesb958
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. Ya gotta wonder if paypal ispart of the scam.

Login to Me Too

Eeragus
Contributor
Contributor
PP and FB! FB is making $ hand over fist since it started with the ads. I have been doing tons of research in the last cpl days.. FB is totally aware of these scams coming from China but they continue to cash in on it. I have been in FB jail 4 times in last 4 months for total BS yet these scams are in everyone's news feed more than our friends post. Everyone needs to start flaging every single ad as a scam, this will keep em busy for sure!
Login to Me Too

jamesb958
Contributor
Contributor

Good idea. I'll start doing just that.

Login to Me Too

Eeragus
Contributor
Contributor
Update... PP denied my claim so I replied by email then called them. It did not take long and Abby was processing my refund. Call PP if your claim was denied tell them you have video surveillance and can prove nothing was del. ! I will never use PP ever again.
Login to Me Too

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted my friend Jeff Rossen who is the best consumer reporter in the USA and his stories are syndicated here and around the world on hundreds of TV stations.  I told him the whole story and how to find this link.  Hopefully he will find this of interest and spread the word big time. What makes this story so unique and powerful is not just this Chinese person or company **bleep** so many in this scam and his coverup of the Fedex nonsense, but Facebook and Paypal are helping to perpetuate the scam!!  That is the big twist

Login to Me Too

Eeragus
Contributor
Contributor
This makes me so mad! people being scammed by PayPal and Fakebook. The msg from the Vet has me furious.
Login to Me Too

PLMS
Contributor
Contributor
I immediately contacted PayPal and they closed my case,,UGHHH I will contact my Bank next, if PayPal knew this was a trend they should stop it, NO HELP at all Protecting the Consumer, I will not use them again!
Login to Me Too

Pedrospea1
Contributor
Contributor
Got Me too! This crafty crab character is smooth! He gets your mouth watering with color pictures of Colossal King Crab Legs at prices so low, you become putty in his hands! I saw the add on Facebook a couple of weeks prior, so I figured if it’s still there, it might be ligament? Wrong! My friend went for 5 of the whole live crabs at $10 each, that’s 40 giant crab legs folks! Crab legs can be intoxicating and my friend built oil refineries for a living, he is brilliant in most regards, except when buying crab legs! He changes the company name on the website each of the three different times I have seen them suddenly appear on Facebook! But the moneys get sent to person who’s first name begins with A and last with a B , I think? He will be on your PayPal invoice. Google him, and it will lead you to a guy in prison in Florida, for murder no less! This guy is sitting in a cell, using a taxpayers state computer, to make a small fortune I suspect! Either that, or He is being set up as a fall guy for some Cyber Ninja in N.Korea, or wherever? I was denied my refund by PayPal because this guy send them a fake tracking number from Supposedly USPS, that shows the package being delivered “ To a individual at that address” ! As you fellow victims know, that too is totally fraudulent! He even put a big PayPal payment bar on this last website, stating flat out that , if anything got lost or damaged, that By using PayPal you were covered? PayPal Folks! You really need to get with Facebook and get this characters computer taken away from him! No sense putting him in jail for postal fraud… he is already there! If it a sophisticated cyber ninja…Good Luck! If you would be able to refund my payment, would be very grateful…Thank You!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.