Account Permanently Limited after Name Change Request

M_St_Lou
New Community Member
Hi. I’ve had my PayPal account for over 10 years. Since I created it, I’ve gotten married. I requested a legal name change, which required that I upload a picture of my photo ID that shows my new legal name. I did this, and my account is now permanently locked, saying I violated the User Agreement by not using my legal name when I created the account. When I created the account, my legal name was my maiden name, which is what my account was created under at that time. Now my name is legally changed. How am I supposed to change my name on the account? How can I get it reinstated? I provided my updated government issued photo ID with my new legal name, why is this causing my account to be closed?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@M_St_Lou 

Sounds daft to me, did you send them your marriage certificate?

Anyway my advice is to appeal and hope you get an agent with a brain cell.  🤣

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.