A refund from a scammer

MaxtremalityLow
New Community Member

I used paypal for the first time and fell into the clutches of a scammer. I sent a report for a refund because I didn't receive the goods I paid for. I am afraid that the scammer will withdraw funds from a fake account. In the correspondence WA says that he can not return the money through the case and asks to close the appeal. Application PP-R-PBD-491378381

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MaxtremalityLow
New Community Member

How to proceed in this situation? The amount is very large for me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @MaxtremalityLow,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear a recent order hasn't been received yet. Normally, when PayPal is investigating an Item Not Received dispute, our teams will look for proof the item was delivered based on the shipping company's tracking information and the transaction's details. Our Concerned team will investigate and get back to you with the update via email/Resolution Center. I would suggest not to close the case because once you do so you won't be able to re-open it. Since you mentioned that the case is appealed I would recommend you to wait and keep checking for the update of the case. If you would like to know the status of the case in depth, you may reach out to our Customer support Team through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages.  

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.