paypal webhooks sometimes being sent, sometimes not being send, or sometimes taking hours to send.

ShayanHasanKhan
Contributor
Contributor

I am working with a mean stack application which requires subscription. Im using paypal APIs and paypals javascript SDK for angular. The problem is that when im testing in a sandbox environment, sometimes the webhook notification is sent by paypal and sometimes it isnt. Does this problem also occur in live mode?. Why are webhooks so unrelaible? ive heard sometimes it takes hours for a webhook to hit. If this is the case then how can i implement this system on a serious application which includes subscription and instant notification. I have tried to improve reliability by sending a notification through my frontend to backend for instant response and double confirmation(The application then ignores a webhook to prevent duplication). Is there a proper way to implement this subscription system except IPNs?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.