Test Credit Card numbers for use on PayPal sandbox
When testing the card checkout features on sandbox its advisable to use test card numbers The sandbox pretty much accepts anything that passes the Luhn Algorithm test (See here).
You can generate card numbers using external sites like these:
Or you can generate them within PayPal using this guide below:
- Login to developer.paypal.com and click "Dashboard"
- Under the sandbox heading click "Accounts", followed by "Create Account"
- When creating the account make sure to Add a credit card.
- Once created you can view the account profile, click "Funding" to see the test card number:
I found https://creditcard.run/_Credit Card Generator tool and generator creating this fake numbers.
VISA Fake Numbers:
448516598580595-7, 453254046516095-4, 448525019433182-0
Amex Fake Numbers:
37552791891041-4, 37928800574157-8, 37536394661162-0
Mastercard Fake Numbers:
555751493175315-2, 222655761699167-8, 527735993203017-9
Usually paypal accepts, but sometimes paypal not accept this numbers.
We have setup a WordPress website with WooCommerce using PayPal as payment gateway. When using Sandbox mode everything works, but when going live, the payment doesn’t go trough. There is an error message saying “Sorry, an error occurred while trying to retrieve your information from PayPal. Please try again.” We have tried to pay with a PayPal account and with credit card. We have now tried to use the default WordPress theme, disabled all plugins except WooCommerce and PayPal. Still the same problem. Two weeks ago we setup two other eCommerce shops with the same WordPress theme, WooCommerce and PayPal as gateway. Both works fine. The only difference between those and this one is the hosting. https://minecraftapkmod.info/ Thanks
This doesn't sound like a PayPal technical issue, but rather an error being returned by WooCommerce. If two other sites with the same install config are working fine, the issue is isolated to the one remaining site. Check the WooCommerce logs for more specific information about what may be causing this issue.
Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Processor Declined for Braintree Sandbox transaction in Braintree Server-side Integration (PHP, Java, .NET, Ruby, Python, NodeJS SDKs)
- store credit card token against customer in database in Sandbox Environment
- Why am I not seeing HTTP responses for IPN? in Sandbox Environment
- Payment button stopped working (again, after a year) and button generator on PayPal site disappeared in REST APIs