Can't Link my Sandbox to my Dev Account

Invonto
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my Sandbox account to my developer account but I keep on getting this error

"Something went wrong. Your sandbox account could not be linked to your developer account. Try again.

If you wish to report this error please include the following error id: 8b1a0fb43ecb4"

Also, not sure why these aren't one in the same?!?! Setting up a dev account should automatically create a sandbox account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

There is currently a known issue with linking sandbox accounts which are either created directly on "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com" or by using the "custom" account option within our developer site. This issue is currently being worked on.

You can avoid this issue by using the "create account" button which is found on the "accounts" page under the "sandbox" column within your developer account.

If you would like to have sandbox accounts manually linked to your developer account, please share the "merchant id" from both your "live" PayPal account and your "sandbox" account which you wish to have linked and I can manually link them.

Details on how to retrieve the "merchant id" for your accounts can be found within the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.