PayPal Transactions importing into Quickbooks Online as Sales Receipts not Deposits

GFGRJK
New Community Member

I use Quickbooks Online for my accounting and have PayPal connected.

I haven't logged on in a few months but noticed that now all PayPal transactions are being imported as "Sales Reports" instead of "Deposits" which is causing me to take many extra steps in reconciling my account and it prevents my Rules from working properly.

I have asked Quickbooks about it and they said it is a PayPal issue - and am on the phone with PayPal now. I know this is an issue as when I asked my accountant about it today she logged into her account and had the same issue.

I've checked PayPal's settings in Quickbooks and there is no way to designate the way transactions are imported that I can see, but they use to come in as Deposits, so it would include the PayPal Fee as a separate line item and Rules would also work. Now I have to deal with each Transaction individually and apply 5 or more steps just to fix each step (the Bulk Change to Deposit does not work).

Has anyone encountered this and know a fix for the issue? It seems like a Quickbooks issue to me, but thought I'd try from all angles.

Would really appreciate it! Thanks in Advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.