statement showing running balance

vickis2
Contributor
Contributor

How can I find a view of my transactions with a running balance? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @vickis2,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I understand you would like some help while downloading a report of your transaction with a running balance, I can help with this. 

You can download a report of all your transaction activity for up to the past 7 years into PDF, Quicken, QuickBooks, or as a CSV or TAB file.

Here's how to create and download an activity report:

1. Go to the Reports section of your account.
  2. Click Activity download.
  3. Select the transaction type, date range and file format.
  4. Click Create Report.
  5. When the report is ready, click Download.

You can also download a customized statement. 

Here's how to create a custom report of your business activity:

1. Go to the Reports section of your account.
  2. Click Statements.
  3. Click Custom.
  4. Select a date range and click Create Report.
  5. Click Download under PDF or Request under CSV to access your statement.

I hope this helps, have a lovely day! 

-Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

scottlou
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't we just display a running balance in our account registers like we can with LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTION IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE?

I suspect it's because PayPal loves to play a little shell game with our funds that earns them millions if not billions of dollars in short term interest by delaying credits while expediting debits.

I have pretty much had it with mystery debits appearing in my linked bank account where there is no corresponding transaction in my PayPal register.  How am I supposed to reconcile all my accounts when PayPal is the lone institution that insists on shrouding my transactions behind their customized veil of mystery?

I'm very sorry Ebay went to their own internal payments method cutting PayPal out of the equation.  I've tried to continue keeping my PayPal account funded in order to continue using it to cover shipping costs incurred after my Ebay sales.  But at this point the record keeping has become so complicated that as I struggle to complete my taxes for 2021 I am having difficulty understanding why I continue to use PayPal at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.